Hospitality is one of our four pillars
Hospitality lies at the heart of our mission as a Christian church. We extend a big, warm, open invitation to anyone to visit us whether as
- Sightseers interested in finding out more about our history and heritage. We are in the process of placing signs highlighting intriguing places to explore within the church
- Pilgrims seeking to feel closer to God within the walls of this Ancient House of Prayer. Many visit the Chapel of St George hosting our icons of St Luke and St Frideswide
- Local residents looking to find a quiet and sacred space in this busy and noisy world
No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are most welcome here.
Ministry of Festivals
We delight in the use of our church buildings for local events and festivals. For instance:
- St Mary's host large annual community events such as the Witney Festival of Food and Drink, the Beer Festival, Oktoberfest and, less frequently, flower festivals and Christmas tree festivals.
- We host civic ceremonies such as Remembrance Sunday and other major national celebrations.
- We welcome members of the travellers’ community at the time of Witney Fair and Feast
- We welcome a number of local schools both for large carol services and special occasions and also for teaching
Finding out About Events
Details of upcoming festivals, performances, events and special services are published each week in the Benefice Bulletin – click here to subscribe