St Kenelm's, Minster Lovell
St Kenelm’s Church is a medieval building constructed in approximately 1450, and behind the church are the remains of Minster Lovell Hall (known as “The Ruins”). Our beautiful church is in a lovely tranquil setting and it is open every day from morning until dusk. We have many visitors, attracted by the history and “The Ruins” who often take the opportunity to pray, leave messages on our prayer board, and frequently comment in our Visitors’ Book on the quiet, prayer-filled atmosphere within the church.
Our catholic liturgical tradition is a very positive attraction for those unable to find the same locally, and we have a reputation for being friendly and welcoming. The church’s worship and teaching are in the Church of England catholic tradition. The liturgy is mainstream catholic, Eucharistic, based on Common Worship, with hymns and worship songs, traditional and contemporary. Incense is used at Midnight Mass of Christmas, Candlemas and the Easter Vigil.
09.15am Eucharist with hymns
10am Eucharist - first Wednesday of the month
Other Service Times in the parish can be found here
Wheelchair access: a ramp can be deployed over the steps on request
Our address is St. Kenelm's Church, Minster Riding, Minster Lovell, OX29 0RR. Please use this new postcode in any SatNav application.
We share a very small car park at the top of Minster Riding with the English Heritage Site: Minster Lovell Hall. Parking next to the church is limited to a few cars.
Please address any enquiries to the Benefice of Witney Office, St Mary the Virgin, Church Green Witney Oxfordshire OX28 4AW | 01993 779 492 | email@example.com