All organisations involved with children, young people or vulnerable adults must ensure they adopt safe working practice in every area.
Introduction- why do we need this standard?
All organisations working with children, young people and vulnerable adults should operate and promote good working practice. This will enable workers to run activities safely, develop good relationships and minimise the risk of false or unfounded accusation. It will also help to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults not only when they are participating in activities run by the organisation but also in their day-to-day lives.
Faith Fact: Places of worship are often involved in a variety of different activities and they can operate from different locations (e.g. crèche, Sunday school, detached youth work, internet café, lunch club for adults with learning disabilities). This makes it even more important to have guidelines in place for specific activities as well as be working to general standards of good working practice.
Click the links below to read our:
- Safeguarding Policy 2021
- Promoting A Safer Church Poster which includes contact details for our Safeguarding Officers
- Safeguarding Action Plan 2020-21
Person to Contact form
We like to keep in contact with each other. In the event that we can't get in contact with you and are concerned, would you like us to contact someone else? It could be a family member, a friend or a neighbour.
Complete the form and email it to email@example.com or send it to the Parish Safeguarding Officer, St Mary's Church, Witney, OX28 4AW. Paper copies are available from the Parish Office firstname.lastname@example.org or 01993-779492
All personal data is processed in accordance with the Witney Benefice Data Protection Policy
Further help and guidance
- NSPCC for adults concerned about a child: 0808 800 5000
- Childline for children and young people: 0800 1111
- Action on Elder Abuse helpline: 0808 808 8141
- 24-hour National Domestic Violence helpline: 0808 2000 247
- NAPAC offer support and advice to adult survivors of childhood abuse: 08088010331
- Stop It Now preventing child sexual abuse: 0808 1000 900
- Cruse bereavement helpline: 0808 808 1677
- Family Lives support and advice on family issues: 0808 800 222
- MACSAS for people who have been abused by church officers: 0808 801 0340
- Samaritans for people struggling to cope and needing someone to talk to: 116 123